Browse among the options
Our upcoming special dates
Senac São Paulo’s commitment to the environment is carried out through the Eco-Efficiency program in conjunction with the Management System of the Grande Hotel São Pedro. This commitment guides the relationship of its activities, products and services with the environment and, consequently, with society at large, reinforcing its commitment to promoting sustainable development.
The actions performed include monitoring environmental indicators, such as consumption of water, electricity, paper and disposable cups. Additionally, environmental management programs have also been developed, such as:
- Management of hazardous waste (fluorescent lamps, cooking oil, batteries, etc.); organic and inorganic materials, sanitary waste, and recyclable materials;
- Planting and replanting trees for preservation and maintenance of the green areas surrounding the hotel;
- Analysis of drinking water;
- Adoption of FSC paper.
The actions are disseminated to employees, students, guests, the community and suppliers through banners, lectures, workshops and e-mails.
COMMITMENT TO THE ENVIRONMENT
In line with its mission to “provide the development of people and organizations for the society of knowledge through educational initiatives committed to social responsibility,” and recognizing environmental conservation as a part of this commitment, Senac has adopted the following corporate objectives and principles that guide its activities:
RESPECT for the legislation, standards and other environmental requirements applicable to its activities, products and services.
- Maintain systems and procedures for the monitoring and analysis of environmental regulations.
- Inform and guide those responsible for the development of activities subject to regulation.
CONTRIBUTION to sustainable development, incorporating the environmental variable into its management processes and educational, training and capacity-building projects.
- Continually improve its environmental performance.
- Implement and enhance measures geared toward eco-efficiency, with an emphasis on the rational use of natural, material, and energy resources, reducing waste and maximizing reuse and recycling.
- Identify and assess potential sources of pollution, as well as develop and adopt preventive practices and procedures for managing such sources.
- Establish and maintain an environmental management system and assess the performance thereof through social-environmental indicators.
ACTING as an agent of development and disseminator of environmentally responsible practices and attitudes.
- Incorporate the environmental variable into its pedagogical proposal as well as in research & development projects.
- Build awareness and (where needed) capacity among employees, teachers and managers for the effective implementation and maintenance of this commitment.
- Foster – with its partners and suppliers – the adoption of practices and procedures compatible with its institutional position.